Scandinavian style embraces island sensibility at the newly opened Eleish Van Breems Home, whose inviting porch overlooks the historic Easy Street water basin. Furnishings and accessories at the store reflect the timeless allure of indoor/outdoor living and entertaining with a focus on high quality natural materials and small artisan makers from both sides of the Atlantic, as well as luxury furnishing brands Verellen and Dedon. Owners Rhonda Eleish and Edie van Breems are the authors of three books on Swedish design, Swedish Interiors, Swedish Country Interiors and Reflections on Swedish Interiors, and their work has appeared in Veranda, House Beautiful, Elle Décor, Town and Country, The Financial Times and The New York Times among others. “We are drawn to the special qualities of Nantucket and are very excited to bring to the island a Scandinavian point of view focused on ease of living on the water. Our offerings include eclectic, one-of-a-kind finds from our travels ranging from statement pieces such as Gustavian tall case clocks and Danish Halyard chairs to fun, vintage marine barware such as a silver lighthouse cocktail shaker. We look forward to seeing you!”
1. Inspired by animals and nature, artist Charlotte Nicolin adds her own special humor and magic to her collection of accessories such as this handcrafted beechwood tray of owls.
2. We adore the simple lines and beautiful blue-and-white glazes of Gustavsberg Porcelain’s Natur, designed by Siv and Stina Juhlin.
3. The Duke sectional by Verellen is the epitome of simple elegance and upholstered in soft yet durable linen.
5. Tall cylindrical glass bottles by Finnish designer Nanny Still are some of the mid-century glassware treasures to be found in Edie and Rhonda’s collection.
6. Fine Swedish porcelain collection Hado & Hoki by Gustavsberg is a nod to Japanese design.
evbantiques.com | 14 Easy Street, Nantucket | 508-901-9912